Domestic Violence Awareness
Domestic violence is an issue that affects everyone!
Here are some statistics that you may find startling and information to follow that might assist someone who is living in this nightmare:
- 1 in 4 women will be physically assaulted by a jealous boyfriend or husband during her lifetime;
- 1 in 5 teenage girls will experience dating violence;
- Children who grow up in homes with domestic violence are more likely to become abusers or be the abused in their adult relationships;
- One-third of all 911 calls reporting domestic violence are made by children (Orange County, CA – Domestic Violence Court)
- 90% of elder abuse is committed by family members
- In Orange County, 26.3% of women surveyed said they have experienced domestic violence….the state average is 20.5%
If you or someone you know is suffering and in an abusive relationship – please know there are options. Information and support is available by contacting any of the 24 hour hotline numbers listed below – please don’t be afraid to make this call!
Human Options: 877 854 3594
Laura’s House: 866 498 1511
Women’s Transitional Living Center (WTLC): 714 992 1931
Interval House: 714 891 8121